solnedgång

onsdag 29 mars 2017

My first impression

In this blog i am going to tell about my first impression of Åland. What are the things that really impress me here and how are the people around Mariehamn.


The thing which i really like here on Åland is that it is so easy to travel to other countries and it isn't even that expensive to travel around. I like this personally a lot because i like to travel around and from the country where i come from (The Netherlands) it isn't always so easy to do that because it often costs a lot and takes a lot of time to get to the place where you would like to be.  What is also really easy and nice to do here is making beautiful nature walks which is a lovely thing to do here.



About the culture on Åland
One thing what was quite clear for my is that the people on Åland are very kind and helpful. When i had a question where i could get something everybody was trying to help me out.

Eating warm in the afternoon. When i came here it was in the beginning kinda weird to eat warm as a lunch. But it is actually quite fun to go out for Lunch, you have a social moment in the middle of the day which gives new motivation to start working again.


So that was about it! Do you have some experience  in Åland which you would like to share? Leave them in the comments!

Written by Ivanka (Intern)

3 kommentarer :

  1. Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av skribenten.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Looks like you have found my personal favorite walking route (your pictures). When I lived in Åland I would walk that patch quite often just to look at the fantastically beautiful landscape in the archipelago. Grab a couple of beers and spend a day looking at the ships coming and going and relax in the sweet sea breeze.

    SvaraRadera